9/11/2008

Quick and Easy Dinner

The other night I made a chicken in the crockpot, I don't remember where I got that recipe from, I'll have to check on that. But it was good. It was a whole chicken (and my dad had raised some and gave it to us.) And was it ever good!
But I had leftover chicken so I made this last night:
-2 cups multigrain penne pasta,
-uncooked 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
-1-1/4 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
-1 cup frozen corn, thawed -1 large green pepper, cut into short thin strips
-1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Four Cheese Mexican Style Cheese
COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 min. Stir in salsa, corn and peppers. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 1 min. or until cheese is melted.
It's from www.kraftfoods.com Some of their recipes are quite tasty. And since the chicken was already cooked it took even less time.

No comments: