9/16/2008

Let's see what's going on.
Hurricane Ike blew through, windy and some rain but he lost all his bluster by the time he made it up here.

My birthday was Saturday. 35, it was okay, kind of hard, first one without Mom, so it wasn't much of a happy one. My kids made me cards, and Kevin took us out to dinner. We went to Albert's Liberty House. One of our favorite things about going there is all the nostalgia of Liberty's past. It's pretty cool.

Our cat Locky, managed to be around when the skunk sprayed over the weekend. He was a little stinky until Kev wiped him down with this stuff: http://natures-miracle.petmountain.com/home?gclid=CNaw5NHj4JUCFQIyxwod-HG2IQHe smells much better.
The kids are enjoying school. Open House is next week. I can't wait, I love talking to the teachers after a couple of weeks. See how the kids are falling into a routine. And with Greg, I'm very anxious. This has been a big adjustment for him. He tells me everything is good. But I want to hear it from the teacher ya know.

I need to get a picture of my garden, the black eyed susan's have taken over. I'll have to try and take a picture this week.

I made a good fast pasta/shrimp recipe last night. I got it from Kraft Foods website: Shrimp Pomodor Pasta
1/2 cup KRAFT Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 lb. cooked cleaned shrimp
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add dressing, onions and garlic; cook 2 min. Stir in tomatoes; cook 12 min., stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package.
ADD shrimp to sauce; cook 2 min. or until heated through. Remove from heat.
DRAIN pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.

No comments: