12/09/2005

Christmas Traditions

It's been awhile since I blogged. Although I have been reading blogs I haven't done mine. So after reading others Christmas Traditions I will post ours.

My dh's family the Leland's get together, and I mean everyone. Uncles and Aunts and Cousins. I think there are about 60 of us. Maybe more with all the little ones and we have dinner and sing Christmas carols and then Santa brings all the kids presents. It's a lot of fun.

Christmas Eve is then at his dad's house. And Christmas for both sides of the family is at mine on Christmas day. It's a lot of running but it's nice to be with the family.

Traditions are still being created, my dh isn't a big Christmas person so it's pretty much what I do. But make sure that 2 things off my kids lists are from Santa and they go under the tree but unwrapped.

The gifts in the stocking are unwrapped also. We always get a real tree. I have a nice mixture of new ornaments and my parents ornaments since they don't put up a tree anymore. Also dh's ornament collection. He's 38 so he's got quite a few. I buy the kids and dh ornaments every year.

I'm sure there are more they just aren't coming to me now. I'll try to post some pics of our mantle later tonight. That's one of my favorites that is decorated.

No comments: